How Market of Internet Marketing Reacted to the Growing Crisis
The main topic of the press conference in RBC, which took place in late December with Igor Ashmanov (Ashmanov and partners) and Herman Klimenko (Mediametrics.ru), was the crisis and its impact on the market for Internet marketing.
Igor Ashmanov talked about how to change the market of contextual advertising, social media and search engines in 2014.
How to Develop Contextual Advertising in 2014
- Evolution toward automation, remarketing fees and transaction costs.
- The emergence of high-frequency advertising – RTB, analogue exchange robots. Win more players.
- Frodo sklikivanie, robots, up to 50% of false impressions and clicks.
- The shift of the users and the mobile advertising sector.
- Domination of Google advertising on mobile devices.
Bots in 2014
- Cancel links by Yandex. Yandex announced that overturned the links, but actually did this or not canceled in all topics. This immediately led to the emergence of new types of spam.
- Climbing sites. One of the new types of spam have become kvazisayty the fake reviews. There are companies that make a year 40-50 such sites a year. In addition to advertising ways to earn the business connected with blackmail – for to remove bad reviews about the company, the owners ask for money.
- Cheat behavioral factors.
- Possible sunset reference exchanges. (In fact, we do not know, there’s a sunset or not).
- Accelerating the shift algorithms.
- Changing the ranking factors.
- Need a new «SEO».
- The shift of audiences and advertisers in social networks.
- Consolidation in the market, the extinction of small businesses. Closes small and medium-sized businesses and their buying.
Social Networks in 2014
- Huge information noise. Fakie. This trend is this year – a huge flow of fakes. Information is thrown, then published a retraction. Fakes are read by millions of people and their exposure, no one interested.
- Field of information warfare. Ukraine is 70-80% of all the news in social networks.
- Absolute leader mentions Putin and Medvedev.
- Stuffing. Distribution network, with a bunch of media.
- In online media occurred disclaimer – publish information without checking its authenticity;
- Many online publications refused objective information and choose sides.
- Often, they are engaged in money stuffing of social networks. Getting into the fake media becomes a fact (in the minds of people, published in the publication / newspaper – the truth), then returns to the social networks have as accurate information;
- And a new phenomenon on the Web – a quasi-media that are used to create a wave of information and allow you to quickly pick up the story you want to Yandex news.
- An army of robots. The new humanoid – innovation this year. Pumped boots that are created to work for many years.
- The growth of targeted advertising.
- Automation. Monitoring.
- Offset marketing to PR.
- Formation of reputation management services over the past year and a half.
- State intervention. Threats of closure Twitter and Facebook.
Facebook and Twitter as a platform beyond the control of the state can really be closed in the future, if there is a real threat to use them as a tool for organizing violent change of the current government. In terms of monitoring and reputation management in social networks will be a significant loss of Twitter, as this platform is now the most convenient for rapid response to negative, tracking the dynamics of the interests of the Internet audience, as well as the analysis of vectors of dissemination.
Denis Shubenok, “Ashmanov and partners”, said that the crisis has affected the marketing budgets of many companies. And identified several criteria that will be guided clients in the distribution of advertising budgets:
- Detailed analytics advertising channels.
- Disclaimer of tools working on “coverage” of the audience.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of financial indicators.
- Redistribution budgets. In the first place the money derived from the special projects, as well as media and advertising teaser, which increases the coverage of the audience, but do not directly affect the profit.
In general, according to Denis, on the background of the crisis changed the behavior of large companies: they do not go out of online advertising and promotion, and pay only slowly.
Dennis also noted that the crisis has a different effect on different sectors and gave examples from the experience of the crisis of 2008-2009.
Subjects in which increased demand in 2008-2009:
- Collection agencies.
- Jewelry stores.
- Service providers to reduce costs.
- Advertising agencies.
- Courses in vocational rehabilitation.
- Tourism in Russia.
- Real estate in Russia.
Subjects in which demand fell in 2008-2009:
- Banking topics
- Automotive topics
- Property abroad.
- Tourism abroad.
- Household appliances.
Those who are faced with falling demand, a specialist company advised to switch to the tools that give the maximum effect. In particular, it is important to narrow the search promotion promoted queries that no conversions, and try to become a leader in priority topics. As practice has shown the crisis of 2008-2009, following such a strategy in the future easier to hold the position.
German Klimenko, Mediametrics.ru, said that the news flow permanently sealed, and now there is talk about the tens of thousands of news a day. In this case, 30% of news, popular social networks, published no official media and popular bloggers and other media persons. Same media in the struggle for visitors often resort to the use of two headings: more shots – for publication in social networks, and emotionally more moderate – directly in the news. In related news, there are more fakes, which are then refuted. However, for the most part readers do not notice any rebuttal or do not remember them.