Google Ranked the Most Popular Categories for your AdWords
Google has made the popularity ratings categories of ads in AdWords for Q3 2014. Unfortunately, the specific percentages were not disclosed.
But even without them, the rating gives food for thought about the state of affairs in the market of contextual advertising.
So, in the top 3 of the most interesting topics users were “Shoes”, “Clothing” and “Accessories”. Perhaps the reason for this – the transition from summer to fall and winter wardrobe. In addition, users pay attention to contextual advertising categories “Tourism”, “Loan Programs” and “Real Estate”.
Top 10 most popular categories of the third quarter of 2014 is as follows:
- Accessories (belts, hats, gloves, etc.)
- Travel (tickets, airline tickets, hotel reservations, etc.)
- Lending (loans, mortgages, etc.)
- Real estate (sale, purchase, rent, etc.)
- Telephony (selling phones, tariffs for mobile communication, payment roaming selling SIM cards, etc.)
- Home and garden (furniture, accessories for the garden, etc.)
- Internet (online services and services, domains, etc.)
The key parameter to compile other ratings became CTR (ratio of the number of clicks to impressions).
The study targeted the most competent and quality ads have appeared in the next ten advertising categories:
- The Internet
- Cars (cars, motorcycles, etc.);
- Electronics (TVs, smartphones, spare parts, etc.)
- Gifts (custom colors, soft toys, gift delivery, etc.)
- Home and Garden
- Real Estate
- Sports and Fitness (fitness centers, fitness equipment, gyms, trainers, etc.)
We have asked the press to Google for comment about changing the popularity of different categories during the year, as well as the factors influencing these changes, and are now waiting for a response.